**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Thursday 13 September 2012

Coarse talk: uh-uh

 I came across this verse recently: "Nor should there be any obscenity, foolish talk or course joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving." (Ephesians 5:4)  (I've put this in my Modesty in Actions post, too.) Wow, pretty direct! I also love the New Life Version: "Do not be guilty of telling bad stories and of foolish talk. These things are not for you to do. Instead, you are to give thanks for what God has done for you." I think we all do these not-great things at some point. However 'harmless' they may seem, God is against them. 
 And we also need to work on giving thanks. It's all too easy to tell a cool story and not give the due credit to God, for example. We need to publicly give thanks to Him for His work. (Psalm 22:22) What a challenge. 


Cassie xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. A challenge indeed Cassie! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!