**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Set an example... in faith


{Sorry that I couldn't post on Saturday! I truly was busy. And it has taken a while to gather my thoughts for this post.}

 Faith. Greek word: pistis. Dentition: trust, belief, faithfulness. I looked into this word a bit. Found the verse in a dozen or more different English translations of the Bible. Went to the trusty Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (it's not actually as impressive or scary as it sounds). There actually wasn't much that helped me clarify or flesh out the idea of faith. So I brought it back to my instincts. What I think of when I hear the word faith. What I think Paul meant when he told Timothy to 'set an example for the believers in faith.'

 First of all, I think it means the simple faith that children have in God. An informed, but sweet, uncomplicated faith of a child in his or her heavenly Father. Luke 18:17 says, "Truly I tell you, whoever will not receive the kingdom of heaven like a little child will never enter it." And while we are to mature in Christ (Colossians 1:28, Ephesians 4:13-15, Hebrews 5:14, 1 Peter 2-3), I think we should retain a simple faith in God - faith that He is good, that He works everything for His glory and our good, that He is who He says He is, etc.

 Second, I think it also means that we are to set an example in our faithfulness. We are to be set-apart for God, faithful to His ways. We are not to be one of those 'Christians' who claim to be in Christ, but are unfaithful to Him and really live in darkness, not light. Instead, we are to be faithful to God and His work in us. Faithful to Him no matter what the rest of the world is doing. Faithful to setting an example for believers.

Cassie xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!