**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Friday 28 June 2013

Set an example.. in purity


 OK guys, I have been busting for this post! It's so exciting!!

 So it started when I had the idea for this post serries. As I've mentioned, I started by checking out the words in my concordance. All of them meant just what they say in our modern English Bibles. All but one. All but PURITY!

 The Greek word for purity is hagneia. By delving into the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (yes, I know it sounds terribly scholarly and important, but it really is a handy thing to have around) I discovered that the root word of hagneia is hagnós. And there it was, written as though almost insignificant, but truly sensational to whoever knows it. The original meaning of hagnós. Oh girls, can you guess what the original meaning of hagnós is?? Here it is:

‘That which awakens awe.’


Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!! Isn't that perfectly splendid! The original meaning of purity is 'that which awakens awe!' Doesn't that give you a sense of what purity is really supposed to look like? It's beautiful, girls; stunningly, awe-inspiringly gorgeous! Oh, I know it may not seem like it in the world today. But there is a stunning beauty in a girl who is both pure in the Lord's sight and radiating purity from her life. I know. I have seen it. It's been said about me too. (Yeh, I know, that sounds like I'm boasting about what others have said about me. But I'm not. I just happen to be part of an example where people see the beauty of purity and dedication to God. I sure don't have it all together!) 

 Isn't that encouraging! So girls, when you hop of the computer and go into the world to shine God's light and purity, remember that it's beautiful. Awe-awakening, in fact.


Cassie xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, like music, only words. Thank you Cassie. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!