**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Thursday 13 February 2014

Get Lost

Picture from http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15798308-get-lost

Get lost. You. Yes, YOU!!! No, no, don't close down my blog. Get lost... in God!

"Get Lost" by Dannah Gresh is a book that I've read lately... and loved. No, make that LOVED. Wait, make that LOVED!!!!! 

Here's what the back cover says:

Have you ever ditched a friend for a guy? Filled your journal with more thoughts about guys than God? Found yourself jealous because that other girl gets all the dates? Maybe it’s time to get lost—in God.

Discover how to get so lost in God that a guy has to seek Him to find you.

Dannah Gresh traces God’s language of love through Scripture to help you pursue your heart’s deepest desires and seek love the way God designed it to be. Because once you identify your true longings and let God answer them, you'll know just how to respond when romantic love comes along.
With a guided ten-day Love Feast Challenge, Get Lost will help you see for yourself how getting lost in God opens the door to lifelong fulfilment.



Actually, this book is even better than it sounds from the back cover. More profound. More challenging. More life-changing. More God-focused. 

Check out the first few lines. I picked up the book in Koorong one day, flipped to the first page, and this is what I read:


This book is about God

          ...and guys

                   ...and how we get them mixed up.

Oh, do we ever.

"EEEEE!!! I love it already!!" my mind and heart scream. I put it on my Christmas list. I got it. I started reading it. I loved it more as each page progressed. You know when you read something that you just feel is truth? Well, that's what this book felt like to me. But it didn't just confirm what I knew. It went further than I had explored. It challenged me. And so when I got to the second half of the book, a 10-day devotional entitled "The Love Feast," that invited me to Get Lost in God... I accepted. With a huge amount of fear and trepidation, trust me. (After all, you never know what God's going to ask you to do when you get lost in Him!!! When He takes over your world!!!)

I can't say that I am utterly, completely transformed, or that I now hear and obey the Lord's slightest wish all the time. But I do feel that changes have taken place. Baby step changes, but still changes. For example, I now ask God to show me where He's at work every day (that's resulted in some interesting things, trust me!). I'm now willing to crawl out of bed at 6am to have my devotions (which is HUGE for me!!), so it's not crammed in just before I go to bed. Etc, etc. 


So yes, I very much recommend this book if you want to grow closer to God, so much so that guys come a distant second... (Which I can't say I've reached yet, but I think I'm on my way!)


Cassie xoxoxo


P.S. Yes, I am aware that it's Valentines Day. That's why I posted this today. Because "Get Lost" is all about love - a love (agape) relationship with Jesus. 

P.P.S. Go to http://g.co/doodle/425u35 and click on the heart to see what I made 'specially for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!