**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Wednesday 7 January 2015

The life, the light, the joy: Emmanuel


"Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
shall come to thee, O Israel!"
~ O Come, O Come, Emmanuel


"The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; 
on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned.
You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy;
they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest,ī
as warriors rejoice when dividing the plunder."
~ Isaiah 9:2-3


"In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
~ John 1:4-5


"And now I'm singing along to amazing grace,
can't nobody wipe this smile off my face!
Got joy in my heart, angels on my side;
thank God almighty, I saw the light!
Gonna look ahead, no turning back;
live every day, give it all that I have.
Trust in someone bigger than me,
Ever since the day that I believed..."
~ 'Something in the Water' by Carrie Underwood


In the past month or so, all these snippets had caught my attention. 'O Come, O Come, Emmanuel' was my favourite carol this last year, and it fascinated my spirit for the month of December (and still does). My uncle preached on Isaiah 8 and 9 on Christmas Eve. I 'found' John 1:4-5 on Christmas morning. 'Something in the Water' has been in my worship playlist since Anthem Lights covered it in October, and recently I have especially rejoiced in the bridge (above quote). Christ: our Emmanuel, our light, our life, our joy. What a glorious thought. 

I'm not sure exactly what this post is all about... I just wanted to share these snippets. Mayhap they will gladden your heart and provide encouragement for you day.


Blessings,
Cassie xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!